Friday, June 25, 2010

Last "Thrifty and Chic" post, updates, etc.

This is the last day of the "Thrifty & Chic! Modest Fashion Show..." =( *sniff sniff* =)

It has been SO much fun having ya'll participate--thank you! Your outfits were oh, so thrifty and cute--AND, more importantly, *modest.* =D Don't feel bad if you couldn't post for all of the days--we all get busy--as long as you did at least two days, you're fine!

If you're JUST joining today, to qualify for "winning," please post two photos of different outfits, and then link to the appropriate linky here for that day. I left all of the linkys up so newcomers could catch up/do as much as they wanted.

...Anyways, before I show you my last outfit, I'll update you on the "winners"/voting/"prizes:

On June 27th, I will post all of the young ladies who participated in this events' name/photo, etc. Then, you, dear readers/participaters, will have the chance to vote for the three girls who you think demonstrated thriftyness, creativeness, femininity, and modesty in their outfits. I will post a poll on the 28th (after you have had a chance to look through each participant's outfits) on the sidebar for voting. There will be three "winners," and (as I mentioned when I first posted about this fashion event) though there isn't a real "prize," I will make those three a button announcing their win which they can put on their blog, and I will follow their blogs. The whole idea of the event was not, of course, about "winning,"but a chance for girls to 'show off' :) their thrifty talents! I have really had a ton of fun, and I hope you have, too!

So, here's my last outfit...*sniff* I really love this skirt--it just reminds me of vintage, somehow! And I had to throw in the pale yellow top. :)

"Floral Vintage"



What I'm Wearing Today:

Pale yellow ruffle-topped blouse: Hand-me-down from Old Navy
Blue under-tank: Old Navy (again??!!), $2
Black and white vintage floral-print skirt: Goodwill (I forget the brand, sorry..:)
Blue flip-flops (yes, I'm wearing some!!): Old Navy (haha, how'd ya guess??), 2.50


6 comments:

  1. Very lovely.. I love the skirt. Although it looks maybe... navy blue on the computer. But I'll trust you. I'm usually not an old navy fan, but, I really like all of it.
    Thrift shops are amazing, who wouldn't love 'em!

    With Love and Blessings,
    Bleah Briann

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAH! I CAN'T wait till the 27th! Even if I don't win, feel free to follow For His Glory anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luci,
    I LOVE that shirt!
    Anne
    P.S. I'll have to post 4,5, and 6 tomorrow - we have a recital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this event! I really enjoyed it! I would love if you joined my Shout it! Modest online Fashion show! It's July 1-7 and you get the details ony my blog.
    Thanks again!
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love this outfit, too! How do you manage to find such adorable clothing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Luci, what lovely outfits! You have a real talent for dressing amazingly. And you really get a lot of it from Goodwill? Good for you! The Goodwill near us doesn't seem to have such nice clothes but maybe I should look.
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...