Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day Four: Modest Fashion Week~"Peasant Dress"

Day four already! =) Well, I have a rather unique outfit today--nothing fancy, but a simple outfit with a special feature...what I call the:

"Peasant Dress" 


...This dress isn't really a 'dress,' just a skirt and blouse tucked in with a belt.


What I'm Wearing:

"Peasant" Blouse: Handmade in Cyprus
Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: Borrowed from my sister! =) 

~(Below) Some of the intriquite crocheting and weaving~

This blouse, as stated above, is *handmade by women in Cyprus.* My dad was there nearly 30 years ago, working as a journalist for a Christian magazine. He bought this "peasant shirt" as a gift for my Aunt, who was a teenager at the time. She wore it many times, then passed it down to her eldest daugher, and now it has come back to the M. Family, and I am wearing it! It is soo comfy, and fun to wear knowing that three girls wore it over a long span of time!


3 comments:

  1. I love this blouse!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia, how do you pronounce your name? I see that you go by Luci...then is it Loo-see-a or Loo-chee-a? Ok... so I guess what I'm really asking is; are you Italian? ;)hehe
    Lucia (Loo-chee-a) is the Italian form of Lucy. My mom was born in Italy, so when I see such an obviously Italian name I become curious. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lucia,
    What a beautiful blouse! And it has such a pretty history to go with it. =) The complete outfit you're wearing here is just darling.

    Today is the first time that I've seen the photos of your clothes this week (I've been reeeallly busy the last few days & have been away from my blog-reading). I certainly enjoyed looking through your recent posts. Already can't wait for the next outfit!

    Have a blessed day,
    ~ Tarissa

    ReplyDelete

Aw! Thanks so much for leaving a comment! They make me smile. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...